Tax Season is Coming!
Applying for grants, recruiting volunteers, and securing donations for tax clinics are just a few of the things likely happening at your organization. Before things get too hectic, please make sure your site's information is listed accurately on The Benefit Bank site locator.
Potential and current counselors can now access and complete their OBB training at a time and location that is convenient for them via our online, self-directed trainings. the new trainings are filled with interactive activities, videos, and up-to-date program information that will prepare trainees for success as an OBB counselor.
To get started, choose your site model at the top of this page.
Help Your Clients Get Covered!
As you know, Open Enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace has begun. You can help your clients get covered using the new 'Are You Covered?' website. The new site covers information about enrolling, re-enrolling, and connecting with a health insurance assister.
Tax Grant Opportunity
The United Way of Central Ohio is generously offering up to $2,000 per site for Central Ohio tax sites that are not receiving VITA funding. All sites that receive funding must help at least 50 clients file their taxes and must have their grant expenditure reporting completed by April 30, 2015.
Hirsch Fruit Farm
Community Partner Meetings
Please join us at an upcoming OBB Community Engagement Networking Meeting!
The Ohio Association of Foodbanks cordially invites you and a guest organization to attend a FREE OBB Community Engagement Networking Meeting to discuss updates to the OBB and other programs we operate. We value our partnership with you and are very interested in expanding our OBB network to new partners.
As a bonus:
• You will be provided with a free lunch, so please make sure that you register so we have enough food for everyone attending
• Current OBB partners who bring a guest that is not currently affiliated with us will automatically be placed into a raffle drawing to win a $10 gift card to Walmart
• Their guest will also be entered into a separate drawing to win a $10 gift card to Walmart
At this meeting, you will:
• Hear updates from association staff, including federal navigators (who will share information about the upcoming open enrollment period) and our network development team (who will share information on taxes, SSI/SSDI, and MyBudgetCoach)
• Have an opportunity to network and share information about your agency and upcoming events with other organizations in your community
We appreciate your commitment and dedication to the OBB and the people that you serve on a daily basis. To assure we provide food and materials for all attendees, we kindly request you register in advance by clicking one of the links on the right. Please do not hesitate to contact us for additional information and/or questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Ohio Association of Foodbanks Community Engagement Team
Brent Sigley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alissa Taglione, email@example.com
Montgomery County: Dayton
Where: The Foodbank, Inc.
Location: 56 Armor Place Dayton OH, 45417
Time: Noon – 2:00 pm
Registration Link: http://bit.ly/1phQisK
Hamilton County: Cincinnati
Where: United Way of Greater Cincinnati
Location: 2400 Reading Road Cincinnati, Oh 45202
Time: Noon – 2:00 pm
Registration Link: http://bit.ly/10hXvwZ
Hours: M-F, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m