Redesigned Ohio Direction Cards
The state has redesigned the Ohio Direction EBT card that food assistance households use to spend their benefits. Those who receive new cards should activate them ASAP but no later than the 3/1/16 deadline. Their current cards will continue to work until they activate their new cards, or until the deadline, whichever comes first.
Tax Counselor Training
This year's tax changes are currently being finalized by the IRS. Updated training materials will be available in early December. Until then you can absolutely complete the training for the 2014 tax year. Trained counselors will receive an announcement via email as soon as the new training materials are available.
Tax Grant Opportunity
Tax Time (a program of the United Way of Central Ohio) is now accepting applications for operating funds for free tax preparation sites. Maximum award amount is $2,000. To apply, organizations must complete and submit a grant application and budget form before 5:00 PM on December 4, 2015.
Hirsch Fruit Farm
Community Partner Meetings
Please join us at an upcoming OBB Community Engagement Networking Meeting!
The Ohio Association of Foodbanks cordially invites you and a guest organization to attend a FREE OBB Community Engagement Networking Meeting to discuss updates to the OBB and other programs we operate. We value our partnership with you and are very interested in expanding our OBB network to new partners.
As a bonus:
• You will be provided with a free lunch, so please make sure that you register so we have enough food for everyone attending
• Current OBB partners who bring a guest that is not currently affiliated with us will automatically be placed into a raffle drawing to win a $10 gift card to Walmart
• Their guest will also be entered into a separate drawing to win a $10 gift card to Walmart
At this meeting, you will:
• Hear updates from association staff, including federal navigators (who will share information about the upcoming open enrollment period) and our network development team (who will share information on taxes, SSI/SSDI, and MyBudgetCoach)
• Have an opportunity to network and share information about your agency and upcoming events with other organizations in your community
We appreciate your commitment and dedication to the OBB and the people that you serve on a daily basis. To assure we provide food and materials for all attendees, we kindly request you register in advance by clicking one of the links on the right. Please do not hesitate to contact us for additional information and/or questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Ohio Association of Foodbanks Community Engagement Team
Brent Sigley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: M-F, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m